Hello TFFL Family,
Toronto Flag Football is excited to be running a Fall season, giving our players the much needed opportunity to practice safe social activities and exercise on the football field. In order to best keep our players safe, we will be operating this season with unique rules in accordance with City of Toronto and Province of Ontario Public Health Guidelines.
The October 10, Toronto Modified Stage 2 regulations, will not allow us to continue the league with our normal game schedule. We will be transitioning to practice/skill based sessions for October 18, October 25, November 1. All practices will be run by football experts and the kids will be grouped only with their teams.
Social distancing of 2 metres is not possible while playing flag football. Because of this, players, staff, and coaches will be required to wear masks at all times during TFFL events.
Below are details of all our guidelines. We are open to your feedback and suggestions and updates to our protocols will be made.
Requirements for All Players
- Parents or other spectators will not be permitted on the field. At North York Civic Soccer fields, there is room to spread out away from the fields we play on.
- Masks that cover nose, mouth, and chin will be required for all people (players, staff, referees, coaches) at the TFFL field at all times.
- All teams will be given a bottle of sanitizer to use throughout their practices.
- Handshakes, high-fives, or other physical contact unrelated to football (ex. flag-pulling) will not be permitted.
- Physical distancing will be encouraged and enforced whenever possible.
All Participants (or Guardians) must review the questions in the weekly email (and found below) and confirm their attendance. If the participant or anyone in their household answers YES to any of these questions at any point leading up to game time, they must not attend TFFL Events that week:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms or feelings: sore throat, fever, new cough or difficulty breathing, weakness, muscle aches or gastrointestinal symptoms of diarrhea or abdominal pain?
- Have you traveled out of country in the last 14 days or been in close contact with someone that has?
- Have you had close contact with someone who has COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19?
- In advance of every session, a parent for each player must respond to our attendance email and pass the screening questions and COVID-19 Attestation document.
- Masks may be removed to get water but must be immediately put back on.
In the unfortunate event that we are required to cancel the season due to permit-related regulations, City of Toronto guidelines, or Provincial Guidelines:
- Before the season: Credit of full value for any future seasons.
- Once the season has started: Prorated credit for the number of weeks remaining less $50 (equipment and processing fee) to be used for any future season.
If you need to withdraw from the league for any reason once the season has started: Prorated credit for the number of weeks remaining less $50 (equipment and processing fee) to be used for any future season.
If you would like to withdraw from the remainder of the season, please complete this form. Credits will be applied in November, once the season is complete.